The gang is back with a heavy dose of nostalgia. this week, William goes old school RPG with Bravely Default, Kaz follows suit with Skyrim, and Kyle revisits the glory days of Castlevania with Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. In news, we talk all the pre-E3 announcements, like Pokemon Quest, Pokemon Let’s Go, Fallout 76, Team Sonic Racing, and Megaman 11. Then, we confuse William by quizzing him on recent(ish) Pokemon designs. Come pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN *toot toot*
- Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee are a thing, as is Pokemon Quest. Not really for me, but it’s a smart business approach. Now all three of their fan segments will have games coming to the Switch within the next year or so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRtpMKLsts&t=1s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0AEUmgGHRE
- Pokemon quest is coming to Android and IOS soon, but also is on switch right now! https://youtu.be/j0AEUmgGHRE
- Fallout 76 is a game, and continues the game industry’s war against numbering conventions. Looks like it’s supposed to be online and center around survival/building/management, according to Kotaku. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333
- Mega Man 11 got a release date and a new trailer! Comes out October 2, is getting a physical release. The Dual Gear system seems neat, and the robot masters are rad so far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2PAI5JNAT8&t=2s
- Team Sonic Racing is a thing! Thanks for the reveal Walmart. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZMkv8_w1yI
- Yoku’s Island Express came out on Tuesday, and is a blend of pinball and Metroidvania. Looks really weird, but really cool. It’s getting great reviews! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKjCBoFh3vM
- Just Shapes and Beats is also out this week on the Switch and PC. Don’t overlook it!
SMASH BROS RUMOR OF THE WEEK
- Sakurai: (laughs)
- My uncle works for Nintendo, and he said that the new Smash is going to have every playable character from every video game ever
Kaz – Star Citizen has more DLC, a $27,000 ship pack that you can only see if you have already spent $1,000 on the game.
How are people still spending money on this game? https://kotaku.com/star-citizen-now-has-a-27-000-ship-pack-1826404455
Kyle – Bluehole (the PUBG folks) are taking Epic (the Fortnite/Unreal Engine guys) to court for copyright infringement.
Wonder if they’ll get countersued out of existence like Silicon Knights did.