This week, William talks (again) about Xenoblade as a series in a (vain) attempt to wrap the whole thing up. Kyle manages to 100% Super Lucky’s Tale and grinds out some Heroes of the Storm matches. Kaz gets close to the end of Persona 4, guest stars on other podcasts, and manages to finally grind out a mount in WoW, all while gearing up to go to Sweden! In our news section, we talk about the Burnout Paradise Remaster, Warcraft rumblings, both Sonic racing and movies, Doom’s patch on Switch, and the Megaman Legacy Collection ports. We also take a look at copyright laws for online games and finish up with a small haiku session, where we describe different games via haiku and try to guess what they are. Come pause with us!
Game Announcements, Rumors, and Upcoming/Recent Stuff
- Burnout Paradise Remastered got announced! It comes out in May. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4JqCmt9hzE
- Warcraft 3 is having a balance patch, widescreen support, and even a tournament. W3 Remastered or Warcraft 4 incoming? https://www.destructoid.com/warcraft-iii-yes-that-one-gets-widescreen-support-a-balance-patch-and-a-dang-tournament-491051.phtml
- Toymakers are hinting at a new Sonic kart racer. https://www.destructoid.com/another-sonic-racing-game-rumor-surfaces-from-another-toy-maker-490716.phtml
- There’s a Sonic movie coming to theaters in 2019 https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sonic-hedgehog-movie-sets-2019-release-date-1086760
- Bethesda actually put some effort into the Doom Switch update, adding motion controls. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/big-switch-update-for-doom-adds-new-motion-control/1100-6456887/
- Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 is coming to Switch, but 2 is a download code. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI949Msniuo&feature=youtu.be
The ESA is fighting against a DMCA exemption for abandoned online games.
Should they be allowed to? What rights does the player/customer have? What about the preservation angle? https://torrentfreak.com/game-companies-oppose-dmca-exemption-for-abandoned-online-games-180217/
Norway is cracking down on Nintendo for not allowing customers to cancel digital preorders.
Hooray consumer rights! Also, why preorder a digital game? https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/norway-accuses-nintendo-of-breaking-european-consumer-laws-w516963
Podcast THING OF THE WEEK
Haiku poetry jam!
Having a bad day?
Kick, punch, it’s all in the mind
Yeah! Now I believe.
Hangin’ with my bros
Space is a pretty neat place!
The law says we’re bad.
But screw the law! Paint it black.
Tokyo-to is ours.
Kxaj wumo nuj rut (This game is bad)
Rik kxo Saurians ceeb douk! (But the Saurians look neat!)
A najx kxaj nuj Zelda. (I wish this was Zelda.)
ALT LINE: Kao Krazoa. (The Krazoa.)
Redemption for past crimes? Nah,
Let’s go to the moon
Find Triforce pieces!
Wait, there are no dungeons left?
Let’s just sail around…
Shadow has a gun
What do you mean ‘too edgy?’
Stop writing stories/ Please, kill this series
Let’s make the next game
This could be the series’ end
Let’s throw it all in/ But there are waifus