This week on PauseScreen, Kaz gets sucked into Wow… but its into content that is three years old. Wiliam is loving Torna and Kyle gives his review of Megaman 11 and more games no one has heard of. In the news Kaz mourns Mike Morhaime’s departure, but is excited over blizzcon merch. In the odd combinations corner, Megaman is getting a live action movie and Skrillex is helping make Kingdom Hearts 3’s main theme. on the sad train, Telltale is completely dead. In Discussions we talk about the rumors of an upgraded switch release, will they go Crazy like the DS/3DS? Then the crew gets excited about the leaked Harry Potter game! Come pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN *toot toot*
- Mike Morhaime is officially stepping down as CEO of Blizzard, and being replaced by J. Allen Brack, a dude who was a big deal with WoW. https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzard/22549840/message-from-mike-morhaime-and-j-allen-brack
- Blizzcon merch will be unveiled Oct 11th, there’s a really cool Genn statue coming! https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8047-Get-a-Sneak-Peek-at-the-BlizzCon-2018-Online-Merchandise-Sale-on-October-11-Get-a-Sneak-Peek-at-the-BlizzCon-2018-Online-Merchandise-Sale-on-October-11
- Mega Man is getting a live action movie. They just nabbed a couple of directors! http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e181004.html
- Skrillex teamed up with Utada to make the Kingdom Hearts 3 main theme. It’s coming out on January 18th, a week before the game, and I BET IT’S AWESOME WUBWUBWUB https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1045523584440061952
- Anthem is going to have raid matchmaking! https://twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah/status/1045853509915074565
- Vivendi is selling all their shares of Ubisoft by March 2019 https://www.vivendi.com/en/press/press-releases/extension-of-the-ubisoft-forward-share-sale-deadline/
- Super Mario Party got pretty great reviews for a Mario Party game. Comes out tomorrow, looks pretty fun.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is also out and also got good reviews. Looks fun!
SMASH BROS RUMOR OF THE WEEK
- Smash may or may not have hypnotic properties and be Nintendo’s way of taking over your brain
- Telltale is now completely dead, they laid off their 25 person skeleton crew today. https://www.destructoid.com/telltale-just-laid-off-its-last-remaining-employees-525765.phtml
The Wall Street Journal says that Nintendo is going to release an upgraded Switch next year.
Will they go crazy like with the DS/3DS? Nintendo loooooves them some handheld form factors.
Footage of an all-new Harry Potter game leaked to the internet, and it looks pretty great.
It’s set in the 1800s, has you as a fifth year, and is an open world RPG. Basically, everything people have wanted forever.