This week on Pause Screen Kaz catches us up on some Battle For Azeroth, William battles the whales, and Kyle finishes up Spiderman and tries out some smaller games. In news, the Ace Attorney Trilogy is ported to the current console gen, Castlevania Requiem is announced, and we talk a bit about cloud saves, Warcraft classic, and the slowing down of Smash Ultimate character reveals. For discussion, we take a look at the sudden implosion of Telltale, the sleazy microtransactions in DMC5, and PlayStation finally joining the crossplay party. Then, to finish up, we talk about… terrible Deviantart submissions??? Come pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN *toot toot*
- Ace Attorney Trilogy is coming to PS4/XBO/Switch/Steam!
- Castlevania Requiem (has SotN and Rondo of Blood) is coming to PS4 on October 28!
- Nintendo holds on to your cloud saves for 6 months after your subscription expires. So that’s nice. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/25/nintendo-will-let-you-recover-cloud-saves-up-to-6-months-after-your-switch-online-subscription-lapses
- Bowsette happened, and is probably the most internet thing to happen this year.
- Warcraft classic demo coming soon!
SMASH BROS RUMOR OF THE WEEK
- Sakurai says to expect character announcements to slow down between now and launch
Telltale Games has basically shut down. They fired all but 20-25 of their staff with no warning, and have ceased all development—including on the only partially completed Walking Dead final season.
They’re getting sued now. Sounds like their management is/was complete scum. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/327085/Report_The_Walking_Dead_developer_Telltale_Games_closing_down.php
Devil May Cry 5 is going to let you buy red orbs.
Sounds like it hopefully won’t be too bad, though. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/devil-may-cry-5-lets-you-spend-real-money-to-upgra/1100-6461972/
Playstation finally gives us crossplay!
They did some hard backpedaling on things they’ve said, but at least we have it now!