We’re back for another week in gaming and Kaz has been diving headfirst into Battle for Azeroth, but she also has stumbled back into hearthstone somehow? At least she has something to do while Darksouls is kicking her butt. Kyle gushes about Aaero, a rhythm, rail-shooter game that is under appreciated, as well as talks neutrally positively about more Spiderman. He also reports on his first week of Switch Online. William is starting to be quite the arena champion in Fire Emblem Heroes, getting to rank 21 without spending one dime on the game, Impressive! For the Hype train we talk about Sony’s PlayStation Classic and the new Pro controllers, Kingdom Hearts 3’s box art, Devil May Cry 5, and Tales of Vesperia. Kaz gushes about the new BfA patch announcement for a while before the crew gets into a discussion about Spider-man’s success. Is it going to lead to more Marvel games? For the thing of the week we talk about our biggest gaming turn offs. Come pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN *toot toot*
- Sony announced the Playstation Classic, which will have 20 games including Final Fantasy 7, Wild Arms, Tekken 3, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, and 15 unannounced games. It’s going to be $100 retail, and the controllers are replicas of the originals—not dualshock. https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/18/introducing-playstation-classic-with-20-pre-loaded-games/
- Kingdom Hearts 3 has pretty box art! Xion and Namine are prominently featured, which is kind of surprising. https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1041917408670232576
- Devil May Cry 5 had a couple new trailers. That game looks real fun! Also, you can use the Mega Buster, though it appears to be locked behind a deluxe version or preorder bonus. Also, online multiplayer! https://www.destructoid.com/devil-may-cry-5-has-mega-busters-live-action-cutscenes-and-online-multiplayer-523574.phtml
- New ToV remaster footage from TGS, they’re using the same old audio when they can, but as for the new stuff… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUpoKV-8kmA The youtube comments say that Grant George is the new Troy Baker
- Kaz – BfA patch 8.1 tides of Vengeance announced!
- New story content, continuing story of voljin?!
- New raid: siege of Zuldazar will have two paths, horde and alliance will have 3 unique bosses to each other, but you’ll still be able to experience the other side of the story
SMASH BROS RUMOR OF THE WEEK
- Armada is quitting Melee singles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpvqhzKSmxg
- New CoroCoro magazine scan says there will be a total of 108 stages in Ultimate https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77007598
- Source Gaming found that there’s gonna be a lot of cool skins in the game, like Meta Ridley, Pikachu Libre, Yoshi’s Crafted World, and Wedding/Mario Maker Mario. Hopefully alternate skins will be a big thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQGB7XnCQac&feature=youtu.be
- The rumor mill says Incineroar is gonna be in the game. I hope it’s right.
Spider-Man is selling like hotcakes, if hotcakes were still popular. 3.3 million copies so far, and it’s killing it in almost every territory.
Think we’ll get more Marvel games out of this? It’s even been outselling God of War, and has set the record as the fastest-selling title that Sony has ever published. https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2018/09/20/marvels-spider-man-ps-4-sells-record-3-3-million-copies-opening/1346187002/
Capcom Vancouver, the studio behind Dead Rising 2, 3, and 4, is now closed.
Sucks for them, but it makes some sense given the success of Capcom’s in-house projects lately. https://kotaku.com/dead-rising-studio-capcom-vancouver-shuts-down-1829143863
William’s Podcast THING OF THE WEEK
Gaming red flags. What turns you off from a game?