Another week comes and goes and Kaz hasn’t gotten to play much between streaming and puppy. William forces himself through Fire Emblem Warriors and Kyle plays a whole slew of games: Runner 3, Super Bomberman R, Oceanhorn, and Sonic Mania Plus. In the new we talk about Nathan Fillions epic Uncharted fan film, how much space Super Smash Bros Ultimate will take on your switch, and a new $30 clicker game with NO MICROTRANSACTIONS?! We also discuss how rainbow six siege’s choice to instaban user of Slurs might spread to all games, Nintendo’s relaxed(or non-existent) approach to cheaters in Splatoon, and how one typo in coding can completely screw up a game. Come pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN *toot toot*
- The Captain Toad port is out, and is apparently good!
- They patched Mario Tennis Aces, and Bowser Jr. and trick shots aren’t quite as good. Hooray! https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29137/p/897
- Enter the Gungeon has a neat new expansion out called “Advanced Gungeons and Draguns”. This isn’t newsworthy, but that pun
- Halo Infinite DOESN’T have a battle royale mode. Interesting. https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/9004op/praise_the_gods_halo_infinite_will_not_have/
- Suddenly there is free BotW DLC for Mario Kart 8 https://www.gamnesia.com/news/mario-kart-8-deluxe-just-got-free-zelda-dlc
- Nathan Fillion did an uncharted fan film and it’s amazing https://youtu.be/v5CZQpqF_74
- Speaking of Nathan Drake, Dev reveals that you don’t have a health bar in uncharted, rather a luck meter https://www.gameinformer.com/gamer-culture/2018/07/08/nathan-drake-doesnt-have-a-health-meter-in-uncharted-he-has-a-luck-meter
SMASH BROS RUMOR OF THE WEEK
- The digital version of Ultimate requires 16gb or more of space. Get your Micro SD cards ready! https://store.nintendo.co.jp/item/HAC_J_AAABA.html
Clicker game with no microtransactions is kicking butt in sales.
It is bad that I’m really tempted to buy it? https://steamed.kotaku.com/clicker-game-ditches-microtransactions-becomes-steam-b-1827703881
Rainbow 6 Siege players who use slurs are now getting instabanned.
Someone hacked the Splatoon 2 leaderboards to ask Nintendo for anti-cheat.
It got taken down, and still no anti-cheat. Think they’ll add it before we’re supposed to pay for the privilege of playing against cheaters online? https://twitter.com/Nintendeal/status/1017539297577086976
Aliens: Colonial Marines had its AI fixed by a modder who found a single letter typo in the game’s .ini file.