William yet again get distracted by the side quests in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Kaz get her murder on and has it backfired in Shadows of Mordor and Kyle gives his lackluster review of For Honor. In the news we build the hype for Monster Hunter World, learn the true pronunciation for Dragon Ball FighterZ, discuss Nintendo’s mobile strategy (Kaz finally has a breakthrough about mobile games) and mourn for Brazilian Gamers. At the end we play a game and try to decide on the spot what games we would want to introduce non-gamers to. Come pause with us!
Game Announcements and Upcoming Stuff
- Beat Saber looks SO GOOD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rIjcRK_BNU
- Dad of War has a release date—it’s coming out on 4/20. Meme city.
- Celeste came out today and looks excellent. Don’t let it slip through the cracks! Destructoid and IGN both gave it 10s and it’s at 93 on Metacritic, for goodness’ sake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iofYDsA2yqg
- Happy Monster Hunter World Eve! (and Dragon Ball FighterZ)
- Official clarification on Dragon Ball FighterZ name pronouciation https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/956503988140232705
Miitomo is shutting down in May
Pretty quick, considering it was Nintendo’s first foray into mobile and came out just two years ago. Nintendo isn’t fond of keeping servers on for a long time, I guess.
PS4 Pro coming to Brazil… for $935 USD.
Poor, poor Brazil. No wonder piracy is such a problem down there. https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/954385167908556801
Limited Run is getting into Switch games.
They’ve already announced Saturday Morning RPG, Flinthook, and Mercenary Kings. I’m pretty excited!