In this, the final week before the release of the Switch, Kaz mounts up in WoW, Kyle clears out his backlog in anticipation of Zelda, and William starts in on a new genre. In news, we talk streamer culture and physical fitness, with another healthy detour into SNES preservation. Then, we mourn the loss of the Wii U and hold a wake to relive our fondest memories of Nintendo’s strangest console. Come pause with us!
Nintendo Switch Discussion:
- Snipperclips is a launch title
- Nintendo hired John Cena to go in the desert and show of the Switch for some reason
- No Virtual Console at release
- The Zelda hype is real. Previews and early leaked reviews are all very, very positive
Japanese release game Voez can’t be played in TV mode since it require the touchscreen to be played. Looks like that’ll be a thing, which makes sense given the hardware.
**4 MORE DAYS UNTIL WE ALL HAVE TRENDY MILLENNIAL ROOFTOP NINTENDO PARTIES**
Kyle – That package with $10k of PAL SNES games was found! Preservation project is back on.
Kaz- You’ll now be able to buy games directly through twitch and streamers will get a cut http://www.gamespot.com/articles/you-can-now-buy-games-from-twitch-and-streamers-ge/1100-6448243/
Kaz- Discussion about streaming culture:
Wii U Wake
Impressions of the hardware at launch
- Smash 4
- Rayman Legends
- Mario 3D World / Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
- Yoshi’s Wooly World
- Shovel Knight
- New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Luigi U
- Mario Kart 8
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Hyrule Warriors
- Zelda ports
- Shoutouts to Bayonetta 2 and #FE, even though I haven’t played them yet