Things might be crazy, but Pause Screen is still here! Kaz is still working on the WoW gold grind, Kyle’s been playing Minecraft Dungeons,Yooka-Laylee, Kororinpa: Marble Mania, and Shovel Knight, and William begins to tell the tale of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. In the hype train, we talk Sony’s ‘Future of Gaming’ PS5 event, and a ton of the games that were shown. We also talk about EA on steam, Microsoft and mods, the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality, and the sorrow of E3 being dead. Come pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN – *toot toot*
- Sony’s big PS5 event was today!
- Opened with GTA5, which might be the worst choice I could’ve conceived of
- The console looks like a fake one designed for a TV show, but it’s real. Comes in digital and physical versions, physical has this tumor of a disc drive on the side. Unclear if you can put it on its side, but I’m betting you can.
- Demon’s Souls (sixth archstone?) fractured mode?
- Horizon 2: Forbidden West
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (now with OCs)
- Resident Evil: Vil.l.age
- Ghostwire: Tokyo
- Dramatic high school dinosaur people with hair
- Sony doubled down on their “we believe in generations” statement in the event. Thoughts? It has big repercussions on digital libraries, and I think it represents a big gulf in their thinking vs. Microsoft’s
- EA has been putting a bunch of its games on Steam, prepping to launch EA Access (their subscription service) on the platform https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/battlefield-1-3-4-v-and-hardline-mass-effect-3-and-andromeda-and-star-wars-battlefront-i-and-ii-now-available-via-steam
- The Microsoft store on PC now allows for mods (in beta) https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-beta-store-pc-starts-adding-mod-support-games-includes-design-tweaks
- Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality
SAD TRAIN *womp womp*
- Man, this year’s E3 is great! Right, guys?