HYPE TRAIN – *toot toot*
- Microsoft held X019 in London today, and showed off some stuff.
- Rare’s new property is called Everwild, they showed no gameplay. Looks like a co-op survival type of thing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWpcUH-tKEU
- Age of Empires 4 got some in-engine footage, and it looks real nice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAbI0fewc7w
- Games Pass continues to be incredible. Remnant from the Ashes, Rage 2, The Talos Principle, and more are out today, and they have a great lineup in the future, including pretty much every Final Fantasy after 7. It’s wack. https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1195088727057608704/photo/1
- Plus, Kingdom Hearts is porting everything to Xbox too. As is Yakuza. They’re breaking
- Death Stranding was inflicted on the gaming populace
- Pokemon Sword and Shield got real solid reviews
- Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 got announced at Blizzcon, as did Shadowwhatevers, the latest shadow expansion for MMO lovers
- Sonic’s face no longer looks like an eldritch god’s backside
- Shenmue 3 is coming out next week, for all the weird Shenmue fans https://rpgamer.com/2019/11/shenmue-iii-gets-its-launch-trailer/
Kojima says he’s going to start making movies.
Will they be bad, or laughably bad? https://kotaku.com/in-the-future-hideo-kojima-says-his-studio-will-make-f-1839603527
Ubisoft took a huge hit after Breakpoint flopped and they pushed back 3 games.
It’s interesting to see them pivot so quickly after one poorly received game. Is it a wise move? Should more developers be this tuned in to their audiences?