This week on Pause Screen, Kyle talks Darksiders 3, GoNNER, the Dead Cells update, Creature in the Well, and Contra: Rogue Corps, while William continues in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Kaz is as ready as she’ll ever be. In the Hype Train, we talk Borderlands 3, Link’s Awakening, free games (for a limited time!), the Planet Zoo beta, and more. Then, to wrap it up, we discuss Valve cleaning up the community in Dota and the baffling E3 pitch document that was leaked. Come pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN – *toot toot*
- Borderlands 3 came out and got good reviews
- Link’s Awakening and the Switch Lite come out tomorrow and are getting good reviews
- You can get 6 Batman games for free on Epic games store right now. At the very least, you all need to go play Asylum
- Similarly, Downwell is free for Android users for a week right now. I’ve heard good things.
- Planet zoo beta happens next week! Sept 24-Oct 8. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-zoo-more-beta-information.521932/
- Apple Arcade launched this week, and I’ve heard good things
- Mega Man series producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya confirmed that they are in fact developing another Mega Man game right now https://www.rockman-corner.com/2019/09/next-major-mega-man-game-still-in.html?m=1
- Steam library got a redesign… competition is starting to work
- FF7 got a new TGS trailer and confirmation of a new ‘classic’ mode. https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/17/final-fantasy-7-remakes-classic-mode-is-a-loving-nod-to-the-past-but-it-wont-satisfy-purists
Valve banned a bunch of players for life from Dota and is stepping up their matchmaking/smurf detection game.
The ESA had their E3 pitch document leak, and it’s fantastic in all the wrong ways.
They’re positioning it as a ‘fan, media, and influencer festival’, complete with ‘experience hubs’ and a desire to create ‘exclusive/appointment only activations for select attendees who will create buzz and FOMO’. Yep.