This week on Pause Screen Kaz did not projectile vomit on her first VR expedience, Kyle is just too good at platforms and gets himself stuck and William didn’t get to play much (except for mobile games, who want’s to hear about that?) On the Hype train we are all surprised with the release date of Death Stranding. We talk about the excrement or derision surrounding the game. Oh and the fetus in the expansion pack. We all get confused at the new Call of Duty naming scheme and the new Pokemon Sleep game, but can still be excited about them. In discussions we talk about the nature and future of Esports, are we doomed to just watch games come and go as companies pour money into it as a marketing tactic? Last of all we talk about the direction MIcrosoft is taking, will we see the end of console exclusives soon? Come Pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN *toot toot*
- Death Stranding got a 10 minute long trailer after a Twitch stunt, and we still have basically no idea what the gameplay is actually like. But they say it’s coming out in November, which is pretty soon! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piIgkJWDuQg
- Also collectors edition announced https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1134187668579897344?s=19
- The new Call of Duty got announced and is confusingly named Modern Warfare. Looks gorgeous though, assuming the trailer isn’t lying to us. Plus, they confirmed it won’t have a season pass and will have crossplay between all consoles and PC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH1lHCirCGI
- Pokemon Sleep got announced, and Pokemon home and Pokemon Masters (and some more Go accessories
- The 7th gen Ghostbusters game is getting a remaster, which is nice. That game was great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9toeOcljJ3U
- Ubisoft confirmed they’re showing a bunch of Tom Clancy stuff at E3 along with ‘one or two more things’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luklIF6ZKmo
- Over the past month or so, Famitsu has done 3 articles and released a ton of info on FE Three Houses. https://serenesforest.net/tag/famitsu/
Blizzard’s Overwatch League commissioner has left for Epic Games.
Do eSports have a real future? Or are we doomed to just watch games come and go as companies pour money into it as a marketing tactic? https://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-league-commissioner-to-leave-blizzard-for-epic-games/
Microsoft announced that they’re expanding Games Pass to PC, and that they’ll be putting their future releases—including Gears 5!—on Steam.
Interesting play, especially considering they’re set to announce new hardware in a couple of weeks. They’re really pushing having their games everywhere and building an ecosystem, rather than a strict console strategy. https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/30/microsoft-approach-to-pc-gaming/?ocid=XGP_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_5.30.1