This week on Pause Screen the crew update us on what they’ve been playing. Kyle complete Sekiro and gives his review of the Fairune Collection, Kaz is creating soap opera levels of mischief in Stardew valley while keeping up on her WoW chores, and William did play some Fate: Grand Order but has internet connection issues all episode long! On the hype train we talk about Sekiro’s Sales numbers, the Smash Ulitmate stage builder leak, Spyro Reignited patch (Kyle can finally finish!) and Nintendo Direct rumors. After a tangent on complaining about YouTube and Youtuber Culture, We get into our discussion about Nintendo being Ranked the 9th most reputable company in the US. What has nintendo done to earn the good will of it’s fans? What are other video game companies missing? and how easy it is for a company to loose the grace of it’s fans. Come pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN *toot toot*
- Sekiro sold 2 million copies in its first 10 days
- Rumor mill says that Watch Dogs 3 is going to be set in London. Sounds interesting
- Stage Builder got leaked for Smash Ultimate
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy finally got a patch so I can finish it
- Rumor said there was going to be a nintendo direct today, everyone was talking about it. And nope, didn’t happen
Nintendo was ranked the 9th most reputable company in the US, the only gaming company to make the top 10.
Given the close relationship between gaming companies and customers, why don’t we see more of that? Related, the Elder Scrolls: Blades beta came out on phones, and people hate the monetization. Between Stadia and F2P stuff, is Nintendo really a weird standout, or will other companies try the more consumer-friendly approach?