We have returned! Pause Screen is back with some audio only episodes! Kaz is sick for now, but Kyle is here to catch us up with Kingdom Hearts 3, Tetris 99, Smash, and a few other games. Meanwhile William has only been playing Tales of Vesperia and the Bleach gacha game. In the Hype Train we mention Piranha Plant joining Smash Ultimate, Hollow Knight: Silksong, along with a couple other topics, and a bunch of stuff from the Nintendo Direct including Fire Emblem, Bloodstained, Astral Chain, and Link’s Awakening. In our Discussions, we mention Blizzard’s recent firing spree, Apex Legends, and hitting the reset button on Metroid Prime 4. Come pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN *toot toot*
- Piranha Plant dropped on Tuesday with the release of Smash 2.0.0. Plus, they gave us patch notes! Incineroar buffs for days. Also, don’t use PP in All Star or Classic if you like your save data.
- Hollow Knight: Silksong is going to be a full sequel starring Hornet. Looks good.
- Wargroove released and is getting good reviews. Check it out if you’re into Advance Wars.
- Jump Force and Crackdown 3 certainly exist
- Goodbye, Wii Shop Channel
- Nintendo Direct
- Mario Maker 2 (June)
- Bloodstained (Summer)
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses (July 26)
- Hellblade (Spring)
- Deltarune (Feb 28)
- Yoshi (March)
- FF IX (Yesterday) FFVII (March 26)
- Starlink updates
- Oninaki (summer)
- Daemon X Machina (Summer)
- Astral Chain (August 30)
- Link’s Awakening (2019)
Blizzard fired some people. Plus, they don’t have any major games planned for 2019.
Nintendo announced that it’s restarting development on Metroid Prime 4.
They have Retro taking the lead on the project now, so we’ll probably have to wait 3-4 more years. But maybe this means we’ll have a different Retro project on our hands soon? Plus, it’s refreshing to have this kind of honest communication about an anticipated game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLIv_UXI_So