This Week we countdown to Smash Ultimate release by talking about video games! Kyle has reached a game ending glitch while trying to 100% Spyro, and played some OnRush and HotS. Kaz thoroughly enjoyed exploding corpses in Diablo III and barely failed to kill Gu’Huun. William’s impressions of Celeste is dropping below luke warm and he continues to play Xenoblade. On the Hype train we kind of live cast the game awards, talk about soulja boy’s new console, and Counter Strike is now F2P. In the discussions we talk about Epic’s new game store, hopefully the competition will help make steam better, we can’t wait! on the down side of the news, Red Dead Online’s economy is having a really tough time, Fallout 76 nylon bags and Bethesda’s ‘fix’ continues to be the worst for PR, and Playstation Classic’s lazy implementation. Come Pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN *toot toot*
- The Game Awards are happening right now!
- Nintendo announced a Fire Emblem Expo, to be held in Japan in May
- Soulja Boy has his own console and handheld
- Counter Strike is now free to play, and also now has a battle royale mode because everything does these days. This one at least sounds a little different? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2600-RIPD-8554
- Game Awards tonight
- Sayonara Wild Hearts?
- Dead cells won best action game
- Journey to the Savage Planet
- Stanley Parable ports with new content on consoles
- Among trees
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Switch exclusive
- Far Cry New Dawn
- Hades (early access -_-)
- Ancestors (the humankind odyssey)
- Crash Team Racing
- The Outer Worlds
- The Last Campfire
SMASH BROS RUMOR OF THE WEEK
- IT’S COMING OUT IN MERE HOURS
Epic is launching a new games store that gives 88% of revenue to developers.
Sounds neat. Need to find a link.
Surprise surprise, the economy in Red Dead Online is complete garbage.
Beans are worth more than gold rings, apparently. Rockstar said they’re looking to fix it and giving out some free currency, but it all feels a little fake to me. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-30-in-red-dead-onlines-economy-baked-beans-are-more-valuable-than-gold-rings
Fallout 76 continues to be a dumpster fire for Bethesda.
They’re now making actual canvas bags to give to people for the CE despite there being a ‘materials shortage’ or ‘too expensive’ when they originally went to do it and swapped to nylon. Plus, the Bethesda launcher was apparently showing peoples’ personal data to anyone who wanted to see it for a while. Plus, the respec system they added is also hot garbage. https://kotaku.com/bethesda-support-leaks-fallout-76-customer-names-addre-1830892930
Speaking of dumpster fires, the Playstation Classic.
You can access the emulator settings by plugging in a keyboard and pressing escape, including switching to the superior NTSC versions of ROMs and adding scan lines. The minimum of effort that went into this thing is astounding.
UPlay points now expire, so watch out for that.