William is out of town but Kaz and Kyle carry on in his stead! Kaz got a boost in happy by turning to Mario Odyssey and playing with her new puppy. Kyle plays some Steam World Dig and beats yokus island express. In the news we celebrate SGDQs final donation numbers, twitch primes FREE game offerings and the return of the NES classic! For our discussion we speculate on what Amy Hennig will do with her own studio after leaving EA, we mourn Amazon prime dropping remaster and rereleases disount (thanks again Best Buy,) and fornite is pioneering story telling in the battle Royal genre, who knew? Come pause with us!
HYPE TRAIN *toot toot*
- SGDQ raised $2,122,449 for Doctors Without Borders overall. Pretty crazy!
- Turtle Rock Studios (the Left 4 Dead guys) are working on a new game in a ‘globally known franchise’. Looks like it’ll still be multiplayer. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/28/left-4-dead-creators-working-on-unannounced-title-in-a-globally-known-franchise
- Overwatch has a hamster now, I guess
- Twitch Prime is giving away a ton of free games this month. If you have the room in your heart for another game launcher, definitely worth checking out. http://www.twitch.tv/prime
- The NES Classic is back!
- Amazon Italy leaking a bunch of stuff http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/07/01/rumor-amazon-italy-leaks-bloodborne-2-splinter-cell-dreams-release-date/#/slide/1
SMASH BROS RUMOR OF THE WEEK
- Charles Martinet said ‘Waluigi for Smash! Waa!’ when signing a fan’s photo at a con. Waluigi confirmed https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8vj0uq/i_had_the_pleasure_of_meeting_charles_at_fanboy/
Amy Hennig (director of Uncharted and Soul Reaver) has left EA, and is working on building her own small studio.
Remember when EA said they were reworking her project to make it multiplayer/open world? Sounds like she split with them as a result, clear back in January. Hopefully we see something from her soon, it’s been more than 5 years!
Amazon Prime no longer gives you 20% off re-releases or remasters.
I still hate Best Buy.
During all that rocket nonsense in Fortnite, some dude broke the giant staircase folks were watching it on, killing 48 people in one game and giving him the new record.
Genius or madman? This is why we can’t have nice things.